Equal Opportunity Policy
Statement of Intent
The Moortown Golf Club Limited [the Club] in compliance with the Equality Act 2010 relevant English, UK and European legislation and all other statutory obligations, is resolute in its determination to pursue equality of status to all members, associate members, visitors, guests, volunteers, present and potential employees, servants, agents and service providers associated with the Club. It will endeavor to ensure that every person, as identified above, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity has a genuine opportunity to participate to their full potential at all relevant levels and roles within the Club.
In accordance with the Equality Statement of Intent, the General Committee of the Club, has produced the following Equality Policy. This policy shall be subject to annual review and shall remain effective (subject to minor changes determined only by legislation, by the need to make reasonable adjustments to practices procedures and policies, or as agreed by practical experience, in keeping with current legislation) during this period.
- The policy will be available on the Club website
- No job applicant will be placed at a disadvantage by requirements or conditions which are not necessary to the performance of the job or which constitute unfair discrimination.
- All members, visitors, guests, associate members, employees, agents, service providers and volunteers have responsibilities to respect, act in accordance with and thereby support and promote the spirit and intentions of the Policy.
- All staff, agents and service providers will receive appropriate training.
- The Club will ensure that each application for membership will be determined in accordance with the Club’s Equality Statement of Intent and Equality Policy. In order to comply with this, the General Committee has reviewed The Club’s Guide to Membership Policy and Procedure document and has made the necessary revisions to it.
- The General Committee of the Club produced to the members of the Club at an Extraordinary General Meeting held on the 25th September 2010 a revised version of the Articles of Association, which have been drafted so that the Club fully complies with its Equal Opportunities Statement of Intent and Equality Policy. The members overwhelmingly approved the said Articles of Association.
- The Articles of Association authorise the General Committee to make Rules for the better management of the Club. The General Committee has approved amendments to the Rules of the Club, which amendments were made to ensure that those of the operations of the Club governed by the Rules comply with the Equal Opportunities Statement of Intent and Equality Policy.
- All members shall enjoy equal access to the golf course at all times save only where there are gender or age specific competitions.
- Conditions of Entry to Club competitions shall be as specifically identified in the relevant Conditions Governing Competitions in force from time to time.
- The playing of designated competitions shall take precedence within the competition calendar of the Club.
- Where it can be identified that the preponderance of male competitions denies equal access to females at weekends the Club will ensure that suitable alternative opportunities for weekend play for females are included in the playing calendar, the details of which will be easily accessible to all members.
- When general play conditions prevail, access to the course shall be in accordance with the tee time booking procedure and shall allow for equal access to all categories of members.
- The Club reserves the right to limit competition to specific age or gender groups where this is necessary to ensure equitable, safe and equal competition. The Club may take positive action in providing opportunities to increase the inclusion of people from under-represented groups.
- The General Committee will regularly review the Club’s operations to ensure that the requirements of the Equality Act and the terms of this Equality Statement of Intent and Policy are being adhered to.
- The content of this document applies equally to members, associate members, visitors, guests, employees, servants, agents and service providers of the club. The day to day responsibility for the implementation of the Equality Policy will rest with the Secretary.
- Any complaint or grievance should be communicated to the Secretary. The General Committee will then decide how the complaint should be investigated and resolved.