Your privacy is really important to us, and we understand how important it is to you. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why we do it. Moortown Golf Club is committed to the protection of privacy of all its users and customers.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or visiting our club then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
All such information is processed securely by Moortown Golf Club which endeavours to comply with all applicable Data Protection and consumer Regulations and will treat all your personal information as confidential.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Name and address
- Email address
- Telephone Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Join Date
- Handicap ability
- CDH Number
- Member or non-member
When you join or visit our Golf Club we collect only the information required from you to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations which may include being able to contact you to be able to send you a subscription renewal notice, AGM notices and to administrate your visit or competitions at the club.
With your permission, we may also collect further consent which allows us to contact you regarding events and offers at the club.
HOW THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS USED AND WHAT WE DO WITH IT
When you join as a member or enter into a society event or open competition we will share your information with external and internal data processors (BRS golf & Club Systems). Your personal data is controlled internally by the clubs Data Protection Compliance Manager who adheres to the Golf Club’s internal data protection policies & procedures.
At the time of collecting your data you have the right to object to the club holding certain information about you.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date you may ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate.
We would like you to be the first to receive offers and news about the golf course and clubhouse. We do this in various ways including email, post and social media but only if you have opted in and would like to receive our communications.
Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you’re always in control of what we do with your personal information.
Keys of our Contact Policy:
- We will never pass your personal details on to any third party other than our data processors BRS Golf & Club Systems.
- If you have chosen to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be held in a dedicated email server hosted with 939 Design who provide the Club with email marketing services. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems. Your email address will remain within 939 Design’s email server database for as long as we continue to use 939 Design’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. While your email address remains within the 939 Design’s email database, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
- If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
- We do not share your data with external marketing companies.
- We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITES
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
We do not use a third party provider.
Cookies are small files placed on your computer’s hard drive or in the memory of your web browser when you visit a website. They do not store or collect any personal or private information, but they do allow us to monitor how effectively different parts of our website are working.
Cookies help improve the way our website works for you, the visitor. For example, if you buy something from our online shop, a cookie will record what you have placed in your shopping basket. Cookies do not store any personal or confidential information about you.
DATA COLLECTION AND PURPOSE SPECIFICATION
We collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using our services. We do not collect information about our visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations. We do not collect or use personal data for any purpose other than the specific services.
STORAGE OF DATA
We will not store your personal information for any longer than we need to, however we may be obliged by law to store your communications and personal information including activity logs and we may need to show details of these to government or authorised officials upon request. Like many websites, we use log files to monitor the effectiveness of our website.
The data we collect from you will be stored within the EU. By providing us with this data, you agree to this storing and/or processing.
All our data is stored on our secured servers or on secure servers that are operated by a third party.
If we have provided you with a password which enables you access to our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our members’ and visitors’ personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to any authorities except if required by law, other regulation or for funding purposes.
ACCESS TO THE PERSONAL DATA WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you upon request, which you can indicate by:
Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: Moortown Golf Club, Harrogate Road, Alwoodley, Leeds, LS17 7DB.
We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you, within one month of receipt of this request – although we will before require proof of your identity. This can be extended by two months where the request for rectification is complex. We will provide this information free of charge.
We will however charge a reasonable fee when a request for information is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with the requests for further copies of the same information. This fee is based on the administrative cost to provide this information.
We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified or amended if it is incorrect or inaccurate. We reserve the right to refuse to provide our visitors with a copy of their personal data if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, but we will give reasons for our refusal. We do, however, allow you to challenge our decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy without undue delay and at the latest within one month.
ERASURE OF DATA
You have a right to have your personal data erased to prevent processing in the following specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected/processed.
- If you wish to withdraw consent.
- If you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The data was unlawfully processed in accordance with the GDPR.
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE – HELP US KEEP PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION:
- Keep your password secret.
- Never distribute the website addresses for pages that you have looked at while logged in as a registered member or visitor.
- You should choose a password that is not obvious or known to anyone else. You should never give a third party your password, as you will be responsible for all activity and charges incurred through use of your password whether authorised by you or not.
- If you forget your password, you can request a new password, which will be emailed to the address we hold for you. Should we think that there is likely to be, or has been any breach of security, we may change your password and notify you of the change by email.
Moortown Golf Club uses CCTV to capture images of individuals or information relating to individuals for Health and Safety and crime prevention.
Data is processed fairly and lawfully and images of people and the information which is derived from images – for example vehicle registration numbers, are covered by the Data Protection Act.
Recorded material is password protected and stored for a maximum of 30 days.
Advisory signs are positioned around the premises.
Moortown Golf Club complies with the security requirements of the credit card Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) programme and compliance is validated annually.
PCI requirements apply to our electronic payment service providers who process and/or transmit cardholder data. Electronic storage of cardholder data is not conducted or permitted.
CHANGES TO POLICY
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records then please inform us. If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us, you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on communications from the Club.
Club Compliance Manager - Peter Rishworth
Email - email@example.com
Write to us at - Moortown Golf Club, Harrogate Road, Leeds, LS17 7DB
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this Policy under regular review and the latest policy is accessible from the footer of every page on our website. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.