Covid 19 Policy
Measures for Playing Safe Golf at Moortown Under COVID-19 Restrictions
Updated 16th December 2020
Despite the easing of restrictions golfers must continue to comply with the rules on social distancing throughout and are instructed NOT to come to the Club if any of the following are applicable.
- You, or anyone you have been in contact with, have had the symptoms of Covid-19 in the last two weeks.
- You have travelled abroad in the last 2 weeks to any of the ‘UK Quarantine Countries’.
- You have not pre-booked a time to play.
All Golfers should take notice of the Government’s advice provided to those who fall into the ‘vulnerable’ categories and consider if they should attend the golf Club.
Course Set Up
- All rakes, ball-retrievers, ball washers and the drinking fountain have been covered up or removed.
- Flagsticks should not be removed or touched by golfers.
- All stakes, tee posts and course furniture should be treated as immovable obstructions.
- Hole inserts have been placed in the hole cups to prevent the ball falling below the surface.
Before the Round
- To play all rounds MUST be booked in advance, either online or by calling the professional’s shop.
- Tee times will be released daily at 5pm on 14-day rolling period.
- All names must be entered in each tee reservation and members must cancel any tee times they no longer require as soon as practically possible.
- Members’ guests are permitted on all days expect Saturdays and a very limited number of visitor tee times are available at quiet times.
- Please aim to arrive no more 20 minutes before your reserved tee time or 45 minutes before if using the practice ground. Conversely, please ensure you arrive at least 10 minutes before your tee time to ensure the one-way system can be operated safely.
- The professional’s shop is open, face masks must be worn, and hands sanitised on entry. There is a maximum of two customers in the shop at any one time.
- The trolley store will remain open, there is a maximum capacity of 2 people at any one time, face masks must be worn, and hands sanitised on entry.
During the Round
- Golfers are always reminded to stay at least 2 metre apart.
- It is imperative that each group holds their position on the course, by playing at an appropriate speed.
- Green staff have absolute priority on the course.
- Golfers should not touch stray balls.
After the Round
- Golfers must remember that social distancing is as important after a round as it is during the round.
- In all areas outside the Club groups must abide by the Rule of Six. This includes the seating areas around the 18th green, the putting green and the 1st tee. Individual groups should not join up with others to form gatherings of more than six people and everyone must continue to follow government regulations on social distancing and sanitisation.
Locker rooms are open during daylight hours and members may collect and return items to their personal lockers and toilets. Please ensure you arrive ready for golf and change shoes on the car park, the changing rooms should not be sued for this purpose.
Toilets will be deep cleaned regularly, however we do ask that all users also take some responsibility when using the facilities. Ample supplies of disinfectant wipes, soap and paper towels will be available in these areas.
Keypads can be used to enter the locker rooms, but we recommend the use of contactless cards. Sanitising stations are positioned at each entry point, please use them.
Face coverings must be worn in all internal areas – Inclusive of the toilets, trolley store and Pro Shop. (The only exceptions to this rule are for those with a medical exemption or for children under the age of 11).
Bar & Catering Service
In line with government requirements of ‘Tier 3 Restrictions’ the clubhouse, bars and lounges will be closed.
The Halfway House will be open daily and takeaway services offered from the kitchen as advertised by the caterer.
We are encouraging card only payments for all items, however cash will be accepted where this is not possible.
Track & Trace
When playing golf your details will be captured by our tee reservation system, this applies to members, guests, and visitors to the Club. We also recommend that you register using the NHS Covid-19 App and scan the QR Code from the posters that are displayed around the Club. This is a legal requirement.
Local Rules for Competitions – During COVID-19
Flagsticks/Holes with Inserts
The ball is considered holed if any part of the ball is below the surface of the putting green when it comes to rest.
Stakes, Tee Posts and Course Furniture – Immovable Obstructions
Relief from interference by an immovable obstruction may be taken under Rule 16.1 Abnormal Course Conditions.
Bunkers – Preferred Lies
When a player’s ball lies in a bunker, the player may take free relief once by placing the ball and playing it from this relief area:
Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point but not nearer the hole than the reference point. (The ball must remain in the bunker).
GOLFERS PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO SMOOTH THE SAND USING YOUR FEET/CLUB AFTER PLAY.